Let's count then...

Share your life-experiences as a lady hurdy-gurdy player with us here, the place to discuss what to do if you had mistaken your rosin with your lipstick and whether your hair extensions will do as emergency cotton or not. No beards allowed! :-)

Re: Let's count then...

Postby RedHouse Arts » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:56 pm

I'm a gurdy girl. As a multi-instrumentalist in two groups, I apportion my practice time to which song needs which instrument which needs practice. I'm fortunate to live with a man who loves all my noisy instruments (bassoon, clarinet, didgeridoo, hurdy gurdy, percussion & more). I'm not sure the neighbors are as tolerant, but they've only banged on my door once. ;-)

I live in a city that calls itself "The Live Music Capital of the World," so there is a certain amount of acceptance even among those who'd rather not.
http://www.redhouseartspace.com

"Time and trouble will tame an advanced young woman, but an advanced old woman is uncontrollable by any earthly force.” -- Dorothy L. Sayers
RedHouse Arts

Re: Let's count then...

Postby Gallopede » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Thankyou Cecilia for making me a member and I'm here to be counted. As a recorder player I'm half a very amateur traditional English folk duo (the other half being my partner, who plays melodeon). I also play occasionally in a great, sprawling band. As a hurdy gurdy player I'm a menace. I have just spent an hour playing the same extraordinarily simple tune over and over again differently wrong each time - and I feel good!
Gallopede

Previous

Return to Gurdy Girls