New section request

Your comments, criticism are welcome here (limit your expectations though), also a place to test the BB

New section request

Postby cranker » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Belated thanks to Cecilia et al for getting this BB up and running.

I would like to suggest an 'Events' section under 'Music' where subscribers can create new topics announcing upcoming HG-related gigs, sessions etc. Anyone attending could then post feedback/reviews in that topic.

Personally, I think it is more useful to have this type of information collected together under the BB where it can be referenced at a glance rather than in the Yahoo forum where any new subscriber would have to search for previous posts.

Note that I am not suggesting that people stop posting announcement messages to the Yahoo forum but to take Jon's recent Scottish gathering as an example (which sounded great btw) - the announcement, feedback and possibly a few photos could all be in one place. Makes sense to me, anyway.

Cheers

Jim
cranker

Re: New section request

Postby Scott Marshall » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:04 pm

Good suggestion Jim, we had been thinking about a gig guide section, we will add an Events thing ASAP! Cheers :D
Scott Marshall

Postby CeciliaKM » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Cheerio,

It is there, with a plug to our festival, if I wasn't so tired, I would list the Blowout, Kinnersley, St Chartier, OTW, but let's have others to contribute along these lines.

Cecilia
Cecilia

"si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"
"ha hallgattál volna, bölcs maradtál volna"
"if only you had kept quiet you would have remained wise"
CeciliaKM
Site Admin

Postby andycarter » Thu May 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Possibly another new section under 'Instruments' could be 'Accessories'. This could cover bags, cases, tuners, straps, music stands, foot rests, stools, rosin and other stuff we've talked about on the 'other place'.
I would like to know about anyone else's experience of a 'small instrument' humidifer for example!!

Cheers
Andy
Andy Carter + Blue Hurdy
Pennine West Yorkshire
UK
andycarter

Return to Bulletin Board Bashing