Martin from Essex

If you are new to the forum, please post a few lines about yourself here.

Martin from Essex

Postby Jules » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:50 am

Hi to one and all,
Not just a novice, I've not ever played a gurdy and don't as yet own one, although hopefully in the next few weeks all that is going to change. I've put first dabs down on a guitar body gurdy which has far, far more experiance than I do so I'll try and keep you posted on my progress. I'd be happy, really happy to hear from anybody around Essex who could give me some help.
I'm an IT geek during the week, running my own consultants and at the weekends I can be seen in a red coat officiating at weddings as a Toastmaster. I find the later very fulfilling in comparison to the day job but I've wanted to learn to play the gurdy since meeing up with Chris Allen in Wales several years ago. so here goes!
Martin the Grey
Jules

Re: Martin from Essex

Postby WaterPig Master » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi Martin!

Welcome to the forums! Who are you getting your Gurdy from?

Thanks,
Barnaby
Most buskers aren't tramps... Most!
WaterPig Master

Re: Martin from Essex

Postby Jules » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:39 pm

Sorry for the long delay I've been away battling with Hurricane Katia in North and South Wales. In my travels I popped in to see Chris and Sabina (Allen) and had a brilliant couple of hours with them. I'm looking to go for Richard Yorks guitar body Hurdy though it has been a rocky road trying to get the finance together, my Range Rover threw an air bag just before we left for our touring holiday! but I think I may be getting back on track and hopefully if Richard still has it and is patient enough to wait, I'll be getting my hands on it mid October!
Martin the Grey
Jules

Return to Newcomers' introduction