Bagpipe and Hurdy-gurdy day

Concerts, festivals, gatherings, dances

Bagpipe and Hurdy-gurdy day

Postby Geoff Turner » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Yes, folks it's that time again. The nights are drawing in and it's time for the Annual Bagpipe and Hurdy-Gurdy day at the Shroppie Fly in Audlem, Cheshire, on Saturday 13th November 2010 from 12:00 till whenever, but there's usually people still there in the early evening!

Bring your bagpipes and hurdy-gurdies for a mammoth session. Neil Brook has already said that he will bring a couple of Wrens in different tunings down, so if you haven't managed it yet, and would like to have a look, please come along.

Anyone who is on the forum but has not yet managed to get an instrument, it's worth coming along. There'll be a lot of very friendly like-minded people there, and although I cannot speak for anyone else, I am more than willing to let potential gurdyists have a go.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible,
Geoff Turner
On behalf of Mal Denny (doesn't logon very often) and John Hardy (once saw a computer, but dismissed it as a work of the divel, and stated that they would never catch on).
Geoff Turner

Re: Bagpipe and Hurdy-gurdy day

Postby Geoff Turner » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Don't forget the Annual Bagpipe and Hurdy-Gurdy day at the Shroppie Fly in Audlem, Cheshire on Saturday 13th November at 12 midday.

Come and show off your skills, have a look at a wide range of instruments, talk to like-minded people, and find me if you haven't got an instrument yet but would like a try.

All abilities welcome, join in if you know the tunes, hide at the back if you just want to listen (I did that first time!), or if you're that good, show off a bit.

Also, and I know this is a long shot, if anyone has any instruments for sale, it would be a good place to come and show them off.

See you there
Geoff Turner on bahalf of Mal Denny and John Hardy
Geoff Turner

Postby andycarter » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:12 pm

I'll be there!

Andy
Andy Carter + Blue Hurdy
Pennine West Yorkshire
UK
andycarter