Hello from Dave H

If you are new to the forum, please post a few lines about yourself here.

Hello from Dave H

Postby daveholland » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:00 pm

Hello all,

Better late than never with an introduction, I hope!

I've been playing HG since about 1997. I encountered the instrument through my then girlfriend (now wife!) playing me Blowzabella albums. I started playing on Paddy Butcher's first HG and a few years later I was lucky enough to have a windfall which allowed me to buy an Eaton, which is a dream to play. Recently Mike Gilpin did some excellent work refurbishing the wheel, crank and bearings of the Butcher HG and has given it a new lease of life.

I regularly play for the Cam-French music/dance session in Cambridge, and I've played on friends' CD recordings, both on HG and also on fiddle. Having three kids limits the amount of time I have to play, but my ambition is to produce a CD of my own stuff... one day...

I'm not terribly familiar with bulletin boards/forums having mainly used mailing lists up until now, so please excuse any gross mistakes I make as I flail around trying to get comfortable!
daveholland

Re: Hello from Dave H

Postby Scott Marshall » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi Dave, nice intro, welcome to the HGBB...we should put a sticky link to your gurdymap on here somewhere. Also did you know you can have a pic of yourself on here, like on facebook? Just go to user control panel> profile>edit avatar...then browse for a pic :)
Scott Marshall

Re: Hello from Dave H

Postby daveholland » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:10 am

Thanks for that - I chose one from the festival last year (session in the bar downstairs). I think it shows my most recognisable features: empty pint glass, balding head... ;)
daveholland

Return to Newcomers' introduction