Hello from Peter

If you are new to the forum, please post a few lines about yourself here.

Hello from Peter

Postby pverhoye » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:59 am

Hi all,

My name is Peter Verhoye and I live near Brussels, Belgium. Some years ago I met some of the HG list members in real in Graham's garden during a workshop. Since then I hope to come to one of the HG weekends organised but they always seem to interfere with other engagements (and coming over to the UK is never too much asked :-) )

Anyway, I play a Kitty-HG made by Chris Allen, which is still playing fine and great and still the only instrument I own. Someday I might by myself a bigger HG in D but first my playing should be better :-D (or have more money so that I don't have to justify it to Saskia :-) )

How did it all start? A visit to Canterbury where I saw a chap playing an instrument which sound heaven to me (and hell to my friends). I bought his cassette. That chap was....Philip G Martin :-). And the cassette was 'Vielle Sauvage' (which I should really one day convert into a digital state or buy the digital version, I know). The next 'sign' was finding a teacher in Brussels (Ruprecht Niepold).

See and read you all later!!
pverhoye

Re: Hello from Peter

Postby Scott Marshall » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:59 am

Hi Peter, nice introduction, welcome to the forum :)

Is this your gurdy? http://www.hurdygurdy.org/morepicscatgurdy.htm

It's beautiful!
Scott Marshall

Re: Hello from Peter

Postby pverhoye » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi Scott,

Well, the pictures on Chris' website are those of the first Kitty hurdy made for a lady in the US. She wanted the extra mouse and cheese. I left those out but added extra features like 2 trumpets, banjo pegs, 3 capo's on the mouche and the 2 trumpets and extra sympathetic strings. But the color and head is the same. So a bit more beefed up :-)

But it is a lovely instrument indeed!!

BB
Peter
pverhoye

Return to Newcomers' introduction