Greetings from NORWAY! :)

If you are new to the forum, please post a few lines about yourself here.

Greetings from NORWAY! :)

Postby Iselin » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:28 pm

Hello to all of you! :)

My name is Anne and I'm living in Norway. My english is not quiet perfect but I think you may will understand me anyhow! ;)
I've been at a Hurdy Gurdy course (in Germany) last weekend and it was the first time that I could touch and play this lovely instrument! Now I absolutely want to continue and get my own Hurdy Gurdy.The only problem is that the HG is not common in Norway, now i will try to find some HG players through those forums and I hope I'll be lucky one day. :) It's always better to have a contact near by your own place if your're playing such an advanced instrument. It isnt just a gitar you can tune by tools or just visit the next musicstore and ask a lot of stuff. It is challenging to maintaine the HG in the beginning and I don't want to destroy it of course, so that is why it would be great to know someone in Norway.

Maybe one of you guys have some connections? :)

I'm looking forward to read the postings in this forum and to learn a lot of stuff here. :)
Iselin

Re: Greetings from NORWAY! :)

Postby Scott Marshall » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi and welcome!
I think there are a couple of Norwegians on the forum, hopefully they will see this :)
Best wishes Scott
Scott Marshall

Postby haraldhaarfagre » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:42 am

Hei
Da tror jeg vi er ca 4 Hurdy Gurdister i Norge....
Jeg kjøpte min for et halvannet år siden, men har ikkke spilt så veldig mye, fordi jeg ikke tok den med meg på studenthybel (Tar plass og irriterer nok andre..:))
Jeg er ikke noen ekspert eller godt på noe kurs, men vi kan jo dele erfaring (og sanger) om å spille HG i Norge
mvh
Harald
haraldhaarfagre

Postby Scott Marshall » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi Harald, could we have the subtitles please? :lol:
Scott Marshall

Postby paulehowland » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Scott Marshall wrote:Hi Harald, could we have the subtitles please? :lol:

According to Google Translate:

Hi
Then I think we are about 4 hurdy Gurdister in Norway ....
I bought mine for a year and a half ago, but have not played that much, because I took it with me on the student room (taking place and annoy enough other ..)
I'm not an expert or good at any price, but we can share the experience (and songs) to play HG in Norway
Closed
Harald
Wassenaar, Holland
paulehowland

Postby Iselin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:59 pm

@scott:
hey again, I got an answer from a Norwegian faster as I thought :D

@Harald:
heisann, great to meet a Norwegian here. I think I will just send you a message. I have a lot of questions :D

@paule:
That's right :D
Iselin

Return to Newcomers' introduction