Hello from Neville

If you are new to the forum, please post a few lines about yourself here.

Hello from Neville

Postby Neville » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm quite new to the forum but have already had loads of help off the kind folks who visit.

I've always loved the sound of the hg but it was seeing Richard Thompson play one live that finally convinced me I had to try to get to grips with the instrument. Scott very kindly pointed me in the direction of a second hand Chris Allen guitar bodied gurdy which I bought just a few weeks ago while I wait to collect a new lute back from Neil Brook (which is now ready - hooray!).

Music has always been an important part of my life - I began playing piano when I was eight and have at various times also played pipe organ, synthesisers, violin and bass guitar. I've managed to put my career as a failed rock star behind me but still spend a lot of time doing musical 'stuff'.

I'm trying to get to grips with the gurdy on my own (though with the aid of Neil Brook's tremendous dvd and Doreen Muskett's 'Method'). I'd be really interested in knowing if there is anyone in my part of the world (Oxford) who plays the gurdy.

All best to everyone and well done Scott & Cecilia for what must have been endless hours sorting out all this techie stuff.
Neville
Neville

Re: Hello from Neville

Postby Scott Marshall » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi Neville, welcome to the HGBB! :D
Scott Marshall

Return to Newcomers' introduction