Beautiful Louvet on ebay France

Gurdies for sale! Buy or sell your hurdy-gurdy, or wise up here before buying anything.
Please read the buyer's guide stickie before posting or responding in this section!

Beautiful Louvet on ebay France

Postby halpin_bridget » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:46 am

Just spotted this beautiful Louvet on ebay France. According to seller it's 18th C and doesn't appear to be in too bad a condition looking at the photos.

It's currently at EUR 30.50 and bidding ends 14th August at 19:31(Paris time - 18:31 GMT).

The seller doesn't offer to send internationally, so anyone interested would have to pick up this rare beauty in Nice.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0532347523

Would be fantastic if Neil or Chris got this one :).

Cheers!

Bridget
halpin_bridget

Re: Beautiful Louvet on ebay France

Postby Hummel » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:45 pm

A new member and I will introduce myself later. Yes, I have been watching this instrument since it first appeared on e bay. A very nice instrument and also very interesting. At first sight I thought it was missing many of the tangents but if you look closer at the pictures in the advert the natural notes only have one tangent and the incidentals two? So the naturals only sound on one string.

I have never come across this configuration before and can't work out why it should be so. Maybe I'm missing something? Perhaps some of the forums more erudite members can explain?

Regards,

Dave
Hummel

Return to Marketplace