j Grandchamps guitar back G/C for sale

Gurdies for sale! Buy or sell your hurdy-gurdy, or wise up here before buying anything.
Please read the buyer's guide stickie before posting or responding in this section!

j Grandchamps guitar back G/C for sale

Postby Geoff Turner » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Jacques Grandchamps 1993 mahogany guitar-back G/C for sale.

I am looking to sell this now I am the owner of the 1840 "Savoyard" (don't immediately need the money but you can have too many instruments - can't believe I just said that). Built in 1993 by the well respected French luthier Jacques Grandchamps in Toulouse, it has spent most of its life being played by another member of this forum, Mal Denny, but passed to me last year when I was adjusting my instruments to be able to afford a Pajot that Neil restored.

I will list all of its faults, none of which are serious or affect the playability in the slightest. The top surface of the wheel cover has a slight crack in it, this has not moved since I bought it. The peg-head has had a crack in it, but this has been expertly repaired. I had Neil fit planetary pegs earlier this year. There are various scratches on the back and keybox lid. There is also a lack of varnish in the spot where the hand tends to rest on the keybox lid. All of these things should be visible in the pictures.

Collage.jpg
Collage.jpg (416.32 KiB) Viewed 1170 times

I am simply looking to pay for the "Savoyard", and would prefer it to go to someone on the forum who may otherwise have a lengthy wait. If I don't sell it here, I will sell it on Ebay.

Contact me off-list if interested.

Regards
Geoff
Last edited by Geoff Turner on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff Turner

Re: j Grandchamps guitar back G/C for sale

Postby Geoff Turner » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:36 pm

The forum would only let me put 3 pictures on, so if you would like to see more:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 6f3f6c2dea

Regards
Geoff
Geoff Turner

Re: j Grandchamps guitar back G/C for sale

Postby Geoff Turner » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Have now sold this instrument.

Thanks for the interest.

Regards
Geoff
Geoff Turner

Return to Marketplace