Beaut on ebay

Gurdies for sale! Buy or sell your hurdy-gurdy, or wise up here before buying anything.
Please read the buyer's guide stickie before posting or responding in this section!

Beaut on ebay

Postby Euan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:58 am

Shame on the guy puting it on there! Should have been on here first. But judging from his strange comments about Neil I think he is not a serious Gurdy fanatic like most of us.Hope it goes to a better home then!
Some of you know this already which is strange as some of you are bidding for it...Love and war?mmm. Ebay can be a terrible place. I asked him for a buy it now price (which I would have seriously considered) before there were any bids but it passed £1,500 yesterday and will probably now go for more than I would be willing (and able) to pay for it. Strange how it just started getting bids.
Have a look. Nice looking gurdy although it may have unresolved issues.
Euan

Re: Beaut on ebay

Postby halfies » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:21 am

How sad to see this being sold on eBay.

A beautiful looking Gurdy but the remarks about Neil Brook made us very angry and we feel like leaping instantly to his defence even if personal issues are normally outside Forum rules.

We have plentiful and very recent experience with him in buying an 8 year old used Luteback and even subsequent to the sale have found him to be helpful beyond what anyone could reasonably expect to us Newbies, attentive, friendly, good humoured in his delightfully dry fashion, quick to respond comprehensively, straightforward, expert and professional.

We have no other connection with Neil other than as a very satisfied customer.

We echo Euans remarks about a caring new home for this super looking instrument.

Best to all from Halfies
halfies

Re: Beaut on ebay

Postby Euan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Now this is getting really silly. There is some nutter sending him threats or something. He evn now puts this on his listing (turning even more people away) suggesting it is something to do with 'Neil and his gurdy fraternity' or something like that. Appalling that it happened but really silly that he puts it on his listing. Great that he chooses to curse us all while trying to sell to us!!! A lost cause now. He'll still sell and someone is going to buy it...it'll be interesting to see who turns up with it now.I certainly hope no-one on here is responsible for this mess. He ought to stop the auction and sell privately now. what a mess.
Euan

Return to Marketplace