The DVD by Dr. Ina Lemm

Hurdy-gurdy tunes, playing tips and advice, sheet music and books

Re: The DVD by Dr. Ina Lemm

Postby halpin_bridget » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:36 am

Dear Halfies,

Regarding the use of heartwood as a burnisher on the wheel and that you were unable to find any fiddle or cello rosin discs which had a piece of heartwood attached to the rear of the cloth (and Ina wasn't able to find the original source of her own), I can clarify this for you :P . Ina, like myself, has a Kurt Reichmann hurdy gurdy and when you buy a gurdy off him you get his "customised" Royal Oak rosin, i.e. he glues a round disc of wood to the cloth attached to the rosin, so that you always have it to hand - brilliant idea and one you could simply copy.

Regards,

Bridget
halpin_bridget

Postby halfies » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Aha, Bridget, you solved the mystery, and many thanks.
Look forward to meeting you at Youlgrave !

'Best from
Halfies
halfies

Postby halfies » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:22 pm

Dr. Ina Lemm's website

http://www.hurdy-gurdy-music.com

has recently been very usefully updated with a host of tunes arranged by Ina especially for Hurdy Gurdy (on the website click on 'Archive') with basic sound files, plus pdf 'dots', all for free downloading / printing.

There are 80 or so tunes of varying styles ranging from Playford, through Folk and dance from different countries, simple Classical, songs including words, and a few of Ina's own compositions. All are fairly straightforward and look ideal for beginner/improver/intermediate playing skills.

Some are arranged as duets with pleasing harmonies. With one exception (in G) they are all in the keys of C major and C minor, and therefore suitable mainly for octave tuned G/C Gurdies. (many pieces drop down to 'G below middle C')

The level of difficulty and key signature are all shown in the list, and a filter facility allows the group selection of say, 'tunes of the same difficulty' or 'duets' and other similar groupings, a very good addition.

This seems a very generous and well thought out 'add-on' to Ina's tutorial DVD and the perfect 'next step'. Well worth a look.

(usual disclaimers)

Rob and Marj'
halfies

Postby WaterPig Master » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Some good tunes there... I wonder if she'd let me pop some of them onto my database?

Thanks,
Barnaby
Most buskers aren't tramps... Most!
WaterPig Master

Postby halfies » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:08 am

Hi Barnaby,

I think Ina might well go along with that and it would be worth asking her. Her emails are always very friendly and English language is no problem.

Best Regards

Rob (and Marj')
halfies

Previous

Return to Playing