Audlem Bagpipe and Hurdy-gurdy Day 2011

Concerts, festivals, gatherings, dances

Postby Geoff Turner » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 am

It was initially decided after last year's event that we would take a break this year, but I'm glad to say that a change of heart has taken place, and we will indeed be hosting this event again this year.

Once again, it is in the 'Shroppie Fly' in Audlem, Cheshire on Saturday November 12th, from midday onwards.

It would be great to see you all again, especially as we couldn't stay the whole weekend at Youlgreave.

Hope to see lots of you there.

Geoff Turner & John Hardy
Geoff Turner

Re: Audlem Bagpipe and Hurdy-gurdy Day 2011

Postby Geoff Turner » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:18 pm

For those not familiar with this event, it has been happening for a number of years now, and was being organised by Malcolm Denny, who sadly passed away earlier this year. He had previously decided not to put it on this year, as he was unwell. However, John Hardy and myself have decided that it will now go ahead.

It takes the form of an open session, aimed at bagpipe and hurdy-gurdy players, but other instruments are welcome. All tunes and levels of ability are welcome, I would especially welcome new/would be players, as there will be a range of instruments and players in attendance including at least one hurdy-gurdy maker. I cannot speak for others, but my hurdy-gurdy is always available to be tried by beginners.

Geoff
Geoff Turner

Postby andycarter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:32 pm

I haven't seen further mention of this recently. Its still on presumably?

See you Saturday (hopefully!)

Cheers
Andy
Andy Carter + Blue Hurdy
Pennine West Yorkshire
UK
andycarter

Postby Geoff Turner » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:05 am

Andy et al,

Yes, this is still on. Hope to see as many bagpipe and hurdy-gurdy players there as possible.

The Shroppie Fly
Audlem
Cheshire

12:00 mid-day onwards
Geoff Turner

Return to Events