Lissberg 2010

Concerts, festivals, gatherings, dances

Lissberg 2010

Postby halpin_bridget » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:36 pm

There will be no festival this year as in the previous 36 years but the hurdy gurdy workshops will continue to take place - from Thursday 13th until Saturday 15th May.

There will be two workshops for beginners held by Monika Schwaiger and Gerhard Ganz and two workshops for advanced players held by Peter Streng (Balkan, Klezmer, improvisation and own compositions) and Ron Winkler (different styles of music and improvisation as well as set-up and maintenance). The workshops cost EUR 80.

You can camp in the grounds in Lissberg – as in previous years – for a small charge of EUR 15 per person for the whole weekend - toilets and showers are in the grounds. There will, however, be no catering this year so you’ll need to bring along your camping stove. There is a restaurant “Weisser Rossel” in the village where you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner and there is also a small provisions shop and baker’s.

HG players who do not want to sign up for one of the workshops are also welcome and can play in the grounds. Anyone wishing to play in the evenings can put their/their group's name on a list - this will be on a self-organising basis.

More details to follow in due course.

Bridget
halpin_bridget

Re: Lissberg 2010

Postby halpin_bridget » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:56 am

Kurt Reichmann's website (http://www.kurtreichmann.de) hasn't yet been updated but anyone interested in signing up for one of the workshops can contact him via e-mail "reichmann@web.de". However, a gurdy friend of mine has his own gurdy website where he has put up a copy of this year's information about Lissberg: http://drehleier.piranho.de/Lissberg/20 ... ex_10.html . The information is only available in German but if anybody would like more information they are very welcome to contact me either via the forum or offline.

I've been to the last 3 festivals in Lissberg and have always thoroughly enjoyed myself - there are lots of nice folk there and the countryside is very pretty. So despite the fact that there is no longer a "festival" there, Lissberg is still well worth a visit.

Bridget
halpin_bridget

Return to Events