Bought my first Hurdy gurdy at last

Hello, welcome to the Hurdy-gurdy Forum. We are an online group for hurdy-gurdy players and enthusiasts. Hopefully you will make some great gurdy friends here, chat about tunes, events, workshops and strings and fluff. Swap information and stories and so on, and learn more about the best instrument ever!

Due to the large amount of spam registration attempts we have disabled registration. In order to join the group send an email to gurdyfest"at"yahoo.co.uk (replace "at" with @) and tell us your choice of username and why you want to join the bulletin board.

Bought my first Hurdy gurdy at last

Postby Jules » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:22 am

After several weeks of patient waiting on both parts I've finally bought the guitar Hurdy Gurdy offered for sale by Lizards on this forum. what a nice guy he is and happily sat with me for ages going over the basics and even made me wind on my first cotton before he'd let me leave :)
For various reasons i've not been able to get it out of its case other than to give it a polish and cuddle since bringing it home last wednesday but this week, armed with the Muskett's Method book, the Adjustment and Maintenance manual and loads of good advice from Lizards I plan to make my foray into the Loony land of Hurdy Gurdyness. Thanks to all those of you who have offered advice and assistance along the way, no doubt I'll be calling on you again soon. I'll keep you all posted on my progress.
Kind Regards jules
Martin the Grey
Jules

Re: Bought my first Hurdy gurdy at last

Postby Lizards » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:24 pm

Thank'ee kindly for these words, Martin.
May you and the gurdy have great joy together!
Best wishes,
Richard
Lizards

Return to Main Forum