500 Server Error Message/trouble viewing the board

Hello, welcome to the Hurdy-gurdy Forum. We are an online group for hurdy-gurdy players and enthusiasts. Hopefully you will make some great gurdy friends here, chat about tunes, events, workshops and strings and fluff. Swap information and stories and so on, and learn more about the best instrument ever!

Due to the large amount of spam registration attempts we have disabled registration. In order to join the group send an email to gurdyfest"at"yahoo.co.uk (replace "at" with @) and tell us your choice of username and why you want to join the bulletin board.

500 Server Error Message/trouble viewing the board

Postby Scott Marshall » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi Everyone, a few people have emailed me to say they are getting a 500 Server Error Message and are not able to view the bulletin board, I don't really know what is happening. I have had the error page myself a couple of times myself, but I generally go away and come back again a bit later, it seems to work then. If anyone can help explain this please post a reply...if you can!
Scott Marshall

Re: 500 Server Error Message/trouble viewing the board

Postby WaterPig Master » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:16 pm

The only time I've ever had 500 sever errors (on my website) was when i tried to fiddle with the .htaccess file and did it wrong - simply uploading a backup of the file fixed it. I don't think this is the problem here, though - it's intermittent...

My trompette came! My gurdy is full once again.

Thanks,
Barnaby
Most buskers aren't tramps... Most!
WaterPig Master

Postby Scott Marshall » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:36 pm

WaterPig Master wrote:My trompette came! My gurdy is full once again.

Thanks,
Barnaby

Like!

PS Barnaby, maybe if you threaded the trompette string through some plastic sleeving/heat shrink tubing over the nut it wouldn't break from the constant retuning? Neil or Chris might have a solution.
Scott Marshall

Postby WaterPig Master » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Yes, I did think of using a little ring from a steel ball-end string - the problem is getting it in there, as the space in the symphonie is limited. I had to take a key out to get the trompette into the hole! I can fix that by stringing it backwards next time... But I might have a go at putting something in there to stop the nut from cutting through so much.

Thanks,
Barnaby
Most buskers aren't tramps... Most!
WaterPig Master

Postby Scott Marshall » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Cecilia emailed the servers and there was a fault, which fingers crossed has been fixed. I haven't been able to get on the board for days, but now I can, hooray!
Scott Marshall

Return to Main Forum